Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Edgy Blogger Who Speaks Her Mind


Would you like to be highlighted or do you know someone who deserves to be BON? Contact us at
ourwordsofwisdom@gmail.com and let us know.


Today's Blogger of Note is The Joys of My Splintered Life in Smalltown.

The Joys of My Splintered Life in SMALLTOWN

WhiteSockGirl lives in a small town in Namibia, South Africa. She blogs about her life in a very emotional, honest and raw manner. She writes extremely powerful poetry in a series called A Story for Every Picture, some of which she has linked here on our Writer's Forum. Her poetry never fails to evoke a visceral response. (As an aside and in the interest of full disclosure: her blog is self-described as having a NC-17 rating.)


Happy reading,

Sandy & Pam


Be sure to "join the conversation" by leaving a comment letting us know you've stopped by. Then visit today's BON and join the conversation on his/her blog as well. Please be sure to comment on the BON's linked posts, as well as his/her welcome post.


Want to know more about WOW? Click here.



14 comments:

  1. NC-17.. sounds interesting. Heading there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fab Bitch. Honesty is underrated and, more so, hard to find. That's the number one reason I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, sounds slightly intriguing. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought her Twitter post was funny. I'm can be someone who posts insignificant happenings in my life, but it made me think of my sister who usually only posts interesting facts and quotes she gets from her iPod Touch app. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her drive to make the world a better place... Honesty is great, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This girl is amazing. I can't believe she's paying for all those kids to go to school. Makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing with my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only recently started to read the edgy WhiteSockGirl...looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's NC-17? Does that mean you have to be 17 to read it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has a lot of good things to say! Hooray for "edgy"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've loved the Fab Bitch for quite awhile now. Her blog is great! The "A Story for Every Picture" series is incredible, and her honesty and candor is refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been MIA!! I hope everyone is well and still reading!
    (I'm off to catch up on all the BONs...)
    =)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty amazing gal! Just checked her out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's been a friend for a while. Worth the read!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Even better, start one!